Tuesday 7 February 2017

Church's future's female


For males including me
Favoured by structures at C of E
Listen to Clinton who oughtabe in DC
"Future's female": Church ain't where it needs 2b.

That's just me startin' on CofE equality
Coz it's also about  B, A, 'n' M,  and every single E,
And L and G and B and T,
and Q an' U an' I 'n' A 'n' A an' P.


Not enough spaces at the table ya see
and no way to be seated comfortably
coz males 'n' tradition's made W an' A 'n' S n' P
a permanent booking priority
.

Am I angry at a you no with me
I'm finding my place has complicity
quarter Baghdadi Jewish lends some diversity
Can I find integrity
?

Had grandpa Sollie gone to Europe not Sydney,
Jewish Shoah would've meant there'd be no me;
"who'll they'll come for";
ain't just a theory.


I want to ask the powers that be
how long the wait for greater liberty
hey, beware the clock reversing key
can ya see can ya see can ya see
?

Sisters children kinfolk of church and church-to-be
resist all calls for conformity
that'd rip blossom from freedom's tree
of potentiality.


No comments:

Post a Comment